Thursday, November 11, 2010

No Hamlet Here


Trouble...right here in Lake City. I have an interesting job; travel, people, opportunities for the new, cushy expense policy, direct affect on a large portion of my income...sweet. I cover two sides of a mountain range, so I fly regularly, 90 minutes max, breezy...'cept I've been spending more time on the right side than the left, and I live left. Pressure is building for a change; disruptive, especially considering I'm 3 of 3; I'd have to go into serious relationship debt to get sign-off, and the financials will suck it.


Now I'm used to leveraging what I've got to get what I want, and the Sun rises in the East, so maybe a compromise. The company will subsidize temp digs near the revenue stream, and I could just bivouac on the shore a couple of days a week. My hobbies are portable/augmentable over there, so I don't lose anything except in those rare weeks where I don't travel, and the comforts that won't translate. It's not a dilemma, since all options are actually acceptable...note: makes it harder when you win in every direction. S'not been subjected to an even-swaps yet (my methodology for breaking down the tough ones)...more later.
Big deals a'movin, working with IB_ at (redacted) on a nice year-making opportunity, might put me on the boat in the Med next Summer. Work work work work...I'm actually having fun again, I was really more squelched than I thought...chasin' dollars and doin' right ain't got no end. (Name that reference, and win a prize...JTR, you are not eligible). Have stalled out on writing, waiting for a meeting in H-wood in early December to see if I can sell this screenplay. Looks good, but I've been warned that it's always sunny in LA, don't mean nothin'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment