Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Riddle Me This

Perfect stillness in my left hand
Raw destruction in my right
One to build, One to break
I stand World-rooted, I act

She burning quietly, beautifully
Reaching, fire seeking ice
We create the world in gentle swells, warm, wet, and alive
Without hesitation, I melt in her.

Grounded and willing, bent to purpose
Yielding and receiving, a fuse for the spark
Connecting me to the beginning
Pulling me sighing to the end

Protecting, beautiful thorns
Full of promise and sweet, heady venom
Tempting fate to be near her
I don’t care if I bleed a little

A warm sweet catch in the breath, a gasp of joy
Answering the call for swirling pleasure
Warm and drowsy when the wind is spent.

I spin a fiery wheel, bright and shining
A signal to come home
I trail through the sky
My time measured, my presence felt
Burning for us both

Opening the heart, the lips, a kiss of beginning
The past burns, flickering heat and shadow
Phantoms of pain never felt
Dispelled by new sources of light, opening…

0 comments:

Post a Comment