Saturday, July 31, 2010

Local Goods

Last day of J. Caesar's month and I’m soon drivin’ to my local farm cooperative; Loretta Lynn’s daughter’s place, she has a very cool rustic kitchen (huge space, and you can hose it down) where some superlative baking goes on. I'm stalking the fresh blueberry/plum pie,and I have intelligence that there will be some in-area this mornin’. Seriously…yum. I’ll picture if I get one...

(83 minutes later...)

La victoire à tarte!


And natch I couldn't resist the heirlooms, peppers, fresh eggs, the apple pie (Hi, my name is...and I'm a pieaholic)...support your local farmers.

Listenin’ to some KTT on the way down; she hits me in a soft spot.  She was in my neck of the woods last week shooting a video and sampling fried catfish amidst many a Faulknerian scene. The travelogue of her foray into the wilds of Mid-Tenn on her Facebook page had cheek, she (or her ghost-booker) captured some local flavor (21 - 24 July).

My last post of the month anchored to my favorite Scot in ‘Hold On’…framing some of my thoughts with a little license:

Say you to me
You're a bird with an eye for anything shiny
Searchin' the land
For a hero of a woman
You say I need
More than my fair share of attention
But I think you know
That just isn't so

Underneath, I felt the fire of a burning question
Tearin' me apart
Right from the very start
And now I see
That it don't take a trick of the light to excite me
So strong
So long
You'll see

Simplicity
A heart of gold, an old head, and young shoulders
Quiet and lovely
Becomin' part of me
And now I see
From a handful of names and a thousand faces
One light, burnin', furiously

Hold on
To what you
Been given lately
Hold on
To what you know you got
Hold on
To what you
Been given lately
Hold on
Cause the world will turn if you're ready or not

0 comments:

Post a Comment