Sunday, May 6, 2012

Burnt Imagery...or Blinding Clarity

Wistful the other day, material victories not really making a difference to my get-up-and-go. I like the money for what it buys me, don't get me wrong, and I get some feeling of accomplishment when I crush my assignments; winning friends and influencing people. But it felt like this, sans drame...another silly-putty thought stretched out a bit, transport for rising and falling rhyme waves. It's almost certainly not what you think. ;-)


Idle in the green-laden world, fragrant
Withered limbs speak runes of lightning
Slowly slipping away, my tattered ego spent in its charge of touch
I don’t think I’ll miss it much

No consumer true for freer self
In odd container on non-odd shelf
Watching sleep-dreaming buyers sleep-walking past
Sleep-starving for bargains (supplies won't last!)

While my lines grow old still change renews
Settled self in dilated-lens hues
Seems wooden, artificial, a play-acting thing
False-noted and empty, a puppet on strings

Still, no tragic end in sight, nor dramatic pause
Just same-simple constant effect and cause
Foreseen fork, backtracking bend
My inevitable return after gyre and wend

Home when I bargain struck and mantle hung
On worldly peg my power slung
Comporting, pretending like those that I thought
To mingle with, well-reviewed pleasures sought

Sought and found in some measure, I cannot deny
Simple animal feeling’s very hard to decry
To dislike or distrust when deeply immersed
Permanent change that cant be reversed

So forward then, yes, the course is well-ran
But no, this half-winded self is not who I am
More or less you might say depending on who
You think you are, do you really know You?

I have my doubts, and the good grace
To mirror-look into that empty face
And reflected see what I’ve become
To know I’ve traded all for some

Corrections now? burning, will-breaking the glamour
Shatter  the mask, with flash-bright hammer
Disguise-dropping may be consequence-rife
But better the lightning than a middling life

0 comments:

Post a Comment